Structural Hot Rolled Steel BeamHot rolled steel beam provides great load bearing support when used horizontally or standing as columns. Also known as I-Beam or W-Beam, HR steel beam is a malleable structural steel used for support and stability for a wide range of industrial applications. We stock A36 hot rolled beam in a variety of sizes, with custom cut-to-size options available.
- HR beam is used regularly throughout the construction industry for heavy load-bearing application support.
- This structural steel’s flexibility makes it is easy to weld, cut, form, and machine.
Wide Flange Beam versus I-Beam DifferencesTwo common HR steel beam types are wide flange beam and I-beam. As the name implies, wide flange beam or W-beam has wide flanges and web. Compared with I-beam, W-beam has wider flanges and a wider profile. I-beam has tapered flanges, with narrow flanges.
HR Beam ApplicationsHot rolled steel beam is used in numerous types of industrial and construction applications, including:
- Bridge support
- Skyscraper building material
- Housing support
- And more
IMS HR Steel Beam AdvantagesAs a trusted metal supplier with locations throughout California and Arizona, IMS stocks structural steel products including HR beam, HR tee, steel channel, and steel angle. We can also expedite the delivery of hot rolled steel beam to Northern Mexico with proper export documentation.
Metal buying benefits from us include:
- Next day, local delivery
- Same day, will-call pickup
- Competitive volume discounts for hot rolled beam
- On-site metal cutting services